Obviously, we here at Hope Outfitters stand against a lot of the ideas being promoted by the current administration, but as believers we are still called to love him and pray for him, knowing that God is ultimately in control. Above all else, we want the president to come to saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Because of this we are calling all fellow believers to pray for Him. We can choose hate or we can choose God's way, love. Stand with us as we pray for our president to experience the life changing love of Jesus.
1 Timothy 2:1-4, "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."
These verses tell us to not only pray, but also give thanks. I know that may be even harder for some of us to do. How are we supposed to give thanks when we may not be feeling the most thankful? It seems like a hard concept to grasp and a hard thing to do especially when the love doesn't seem to come as naturally. Whether or not you find yourself in that category, take a look at what Romans and Ephesians say...
Romans 13:1, "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."
Ephesians 1:19-23, "...and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all."
If that is true, if every authority that exists has been established by God, somehow it is his will. Now, it does not always mean that what that person does with their established position is God-honouring, but regardless, we know that God is still sovereign and good. We can also know and trust that it is the will of the Lord for them to be in authority. So we can take comfort in the fact that we can trust the ultimate authority who assigns smaller authorities in accordance to his overall plan. Also, how encouraging is it to read that quick passage in Ephesians and know how great and powerful our God is? HE is our King and HE is good. When I read over that it allows me to love and be more prayerful. It makes all my reasoning for being concerned over anything shrink and become so unimportant compared to the confidence I know I can have in God's authority and plan. Not only that but I can be confident BECAUSE He loves me and protects me. With every concern I can always say "But God," "But God is greater," "But God is all powerful," "But God is good!" HE is the King of Kings! Praise the Lord!
With all of that said, here are a few bullet-point prayers we can pray over our president today:
- Wisdom over the decision-making for our people.
- Peace and good health in his life.
- God's love to be poured out over him.
- His heart to be given to the Lord.
- His marriage, and his family.
- That God will teach us to always love and respect Him.
- That God will bless his life and guide Him.
And a prayer of thanksgiving:
- Thank the Lord that we don't have the weight of running a country on our shoulders and that someone took up that task for us.
- Thank the Lord that He has a reason for Biden being in office whether the system was cheated or not. (God's will can never be overwritten)
- Thank the Lord that Biden was put into office for a reason.
- Thank Him for being sovereign over all authority.
- Thank Him for the blessings we have in our country.
- Thank Jesus for His great plan.
- Thank Him for forgiving sinners like us so that we can be gracious towards those in authority in our government.
This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it!
Love you all!